Sunday, August 2, 2009

NOT SO RUDE FEW DAYS OFF.

So sorry nothing rude to tell you. I have had a few days off from work and have spent them with my family.
my daughter was recently married and is in possession of the most beautiful grandson in the world. (at least for me). My in-laws have flown in from holland to see the baby.

In short, i don't know what is going on at work, cuz I have been very happy hanging out with my adult children and my grandson, that I call Bean, that's what he looked like. A little bean.

but not to be boring, i will end this with one of my er stories.


WHICH ORAFICE???
My claim to fame is foley catheters , there isn’t one I can’t get, (except that transgender, where the fuck was it???) I have many tricks and tips for the really difficult ones.. One evening, a really old woman needed a foley and I was called to help a new nurse. Keep in mind the area of concern was approx the size of a quarter. It’s a non violated area for about 60+ years. So I do this blind foley where I insert my sterile finger into the vagina and the tip of my finger sits on the opening of the urethra, then I slide the catheter down my finger , drop my finger and the catheter slides right in, I’ve done this many times with great success.
On this occasion, I’m in teaching mode and the new nurse is hanging on every word, while my finger is in her vagina, the pt coughed, unknown to me, my finger had come out and gone back in (very small area) as im talking and sliding the catheter down my finger, something wasn’t working, then the pt coughed again and her ‘vagina’ grabbed my finger, we both went down for a closer look, the new nurse is looking at me with expectation and I whisper ‘ oh my god, I’m in her butt’’ we both had to leave the room and laugh.. We did go back and the new foley went in as originally planned. Needless to say, I don’t talk too much about the butt foley, not my most shining moment. BUTT--funny as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment