Saturday, July 11, 2009

HOW RUDE IS THIS?

So at my hospital, we pride ourselves on being welcoming to incoming nurses, including new grads, transfers, travellers etc. You never have that ''nurses eat their young'' problem at our place. It was one of the best things I liked about it when I was a new grad. Welcomed with open arms. Never set up to fail or having to 'prove myself', if i didn't know, I asked. There were so many people willing to help during that scary part of becoming a nurse. It still continues, the crew we have is welcoming and teaching, nurturing. We want these nurses to have our backs, we want to trust and be trusted.


So now to my bitch for today.


I say bring me new grads anyday! A continuing problem we have is new hires that we are reassured have 'years of er experience'.

Well that's fine and we welcome them. BUT......after their orientation, approx 75% of them turn into princesses.


Example: We just hired a nurse with 10 yrs experience from prominent, highly respected hospital. During orientation, she was sweet, smart, helpful, etc. Me, being the way I am, no holds barred, said to her, ''........, thank you for not being a princesses, I think you'll be a good fit here'' she replied, ''Oh no, not a princess, I'm as real as they get.''


Well, FUCK YOU! The day after orientation, the first thing out of her mouth is ''So...who is assigned to me?'' I asked what she meant. ''You know, who are my techs and floats?'' I said, ''What do you actually need?'' Her reply...''My pt needs a bed pan and I have paperwork to do''

I said, ''Well, the bedpans are in the storage room, they fit right under the pts ass, as for the paperwork, I think your tiara slipped, maybe you could hire a secretary''.

WTF!!!

We all treated her so well and now she is evil diva princess, that was a couple months ago and nothing has changed, trust me we have tried.


Well, paybacks a bitch. You want to play? Bring it on.


Am I rude? I don't think so. we have tried and tried. I think she needs the bitch slap not me.

It aint' over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment